Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Late-Night Thoughts

Well, I don't know if 10:15 p.m. qualifies as "late-night," but it feels like the middle of the night to me.

I'm a little bit swamped with work.  Which is pretty awesome.  And, fingers crossed, it looks like there's another small freelance project coming up behind this one. 

The office is officially purple.  I love it.  I hope to go and order my rolltop desk sometime this week. 

I am in love with Pilot Hi-Tec C pens from Tokyo Pen Shop.  If you want a really reliable, non-skipping gel pen with a really fine point (0.3, 0.4, or 0.5 mm), these are the pens for you. 

A woman in my general circle of friends had a baby, so I signed up to bring her a dinner tonight.  It is so fun to cook non-Weight Watchers things for a change.  I made her macaroni and cheese (not the Kraft kind), a fruit salad, bread, salad (okay that was the bag kind), and a strawberry pie. 

I had three ridiculous breakdowns today: (1) When Nathan tried to blockade the door while I was in the shower by taking about approximately 1/3 of our belongings and piling them in front of the door, (2) Holding Nathan while he went to sleep and thinking about the time he passed out at the children's museum and we had to go to the hospital in an ambulance, and (3) freaking out about having to rent a car and drive all around Southern California by myself in a couple of weeks (even though I used to effing live in Southern California and drive around there by myself).  Oh, and (3a) Worrying that I'll have to fly back from SoCal early because I will miss Nathan so much, which would mean missing BlogHer. 

My house is so messy.  I can't get a single room under control.  It's so hot.  I wish Nathan had gone to camp this week. 

Thursday we're going to the beach. 

No comments: