Friday, July 1, 2011

First Nephew of the Summer!

Yesterday after a swim with Nathan in Lake Michigan, I emerged onto dry land to find two voicemails, three texts, and an email informing me that my sister-in-law Laurin was in labor at the hospital.  The rest of the day, and through three different states, I eagerly awaited updates, which my West Coast relatives very thoughtfully gave me.  But as I went to be at 11 p.m. CST, there were no updates of the "we have a baby" kind, and things seemed to be indicating a July baby. 

This morning, July 1, I received a text from my mom that it was a boy!  My brother Brian and Sister-in-Law Laurin are the proud parents of:

Samuel John Richard Capanna 
Born July 1 at 5:33 a.m.
7 lb 1 oz.
20 inch.

As always, I will not post pictures without the parents' permission.  Also I don't have any pictures yet.  

As a fellow parent to a boy, I have already imparted my (four) years of wisdom onto my brother.  That is to say, I've texted him the basic identification guide to the engines on the Island of Sodor. 

Congratulations to the new parents!

No comments: