Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wednesday Recap

After a nice cup of caffeinated coffee (which is rare in my parents' house), we took dogs Deacon and Lacey out for a very long walk through the hills overlooking the ocean.

Next I took a shower, yadda yadda yadda, and then for lunch we went to a place where they had fried deviled eggs.  Good.

Later that afternoon, I had a facial, courtesy of my parents.

When I got home, I realized Pooh had also been spending some time at the spa:

Relaxing after his honey body scrub

And then in the afternoon the babies came!  With their parents, of course.  Brian and Laurin brought one-month-old Sam, who is an adorable little peanut.  And Tyler and Kasumi brought two-month-old Sydney, who is so alert and spunky, and looked darling in her little tutu.
Here's Pooh with his new cousins, whose faces have been obscured to protect their anonymity:


We passed the evening talking babies and testing out each other's pens.  We got takeout for dinner.  (I had Baja Fresh.)  And, don't worry, as the doting aunt I took many, many more photos.  

After the babies left, I was pretty tired from a long and exciting day.  But, let me tell you, I am loving sleeping by myself and spreading out all over the bed.  And I'm loving getting up in the morning and deciding to go back to sleep, which never happens at home.  

Well, actually I'm not sleeping entirely alone.  Pooh's here in the sofa bed with me:

He's pretty quiet, though.

This morning we're headed to an art festival and lunch in Laguna.  Then I'm driving to San Diego for BlogHer '11, and the insanity begins! 




1 comment:

MCap said...

Ahh, what a great day! Hope you enjoyed every minute of it. You certainly do deserve it.