Sunday, August 14, 2011

SuperIma Sunday Check-In: Ye Olde Renaissance Edition

I got free tickets to the Bristol Renaissance Faire in my gift bag at the launch party for Melisa's book, and today Katie is joining us to nerd it up at the faire!  

(And now I have broken my own personal record for the most hyperlinks in one sentence.)

Anyway, Katie and I both hail from families of Renaissance Faire devotees.  My dad and stepmom took my brother and me almost annually to the faire in Southern California.  We had particular items in our "must-eat" list: giant pickles, cinnamon rolls, and the Italian ice served in a hollowed-out orange peel ("this is part of your heritage, kids," my dad would say).  One time we brought our dog, and one of the faire employees said, "Arr, that be a fyne pig."  And one year I couldn't go because of my busy schedule of youth enrichment activities, but my brother brought me back an apple-head doll.  Yay, apple-head dolls!

Katie says her family's must-haves at their Renaissance Faire were the giant turkey legs and soup in a bread bowl. 

We would like to point out that we were not such Ren Faire geeks that we owned costumes or anything like that.  I, for one, did not have the boobs to pull off one of those peasanty-type tops that show ample cleavage to the point that you're going to pop out. 

Anyway, I gotta make this quick because we have to get ready to leave. 

As you know, I didn't have any SuperIma goals or plans last week, because I was checking in from the airport and I had no idea what state the house would be in when I got home.  As you also know, because you better be reading every last word I write, the house was relatively clean upon my return. 

So, the week went pretty smoothly, minor jet lag and PMS notwithstanding.

And so another week begins. 

This week I want to seriously make progress on my office remodel.  And do some other stuff for myself, and ... you know what?  For time purposes, let me just bullet point it.  This week I want to:
  • Assemble the desk and coffee table I purchased.  (No, the desk is not a roll-top.  I gave up on that and just got a cheap desk at Target.  It has a matching coffee table that can nest under it for when guests come to sleep in that room, although I told Nathan the coffee table was a little desk for him.  I'm hoping that will open up the option of him doing something at the "desk" when I need to get work done, although that might have been a mistake because there goes any chance of ever being alone in there.  But I think I gave up any chance of ever being alone on February 28, 2007.)  
  • Frame the two cat pictures my stepmom bought me at an art fair we went to.  Put up all artwork in office, assuming the Jacqueline Kennedy one is done being framed. (Sorry, I know this is so boring for you.)
  • Repaint the dresser.
  • Get the bed/mattress out of there.
In non-office news:
  • Go to the gym M-F.
  • For the love of God, finish one single solitary measly book, because for crying out loud, I have only like 200 pages to go in the one I've been reading for over a week, and it's Young Adult.  
  • Make two meals using something I already have in the freezer.  
Okay, now go check in with Original-and-Still-the-Best SuperIma, Leigh Ann!

1 comment:

Mtake said...

Fun and funny. I laughed out loud.... In our household, the three containers of eggplant (from Dad's garden) pasta sauce have been waiting patiently to be dinner.