Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Random Photos and Probing Questions

This is the last thing I'm going to say about BlogHer, I promise.  But I found a few more pictures that I never posted here, and I figured it would be a shame to let them go to waste.  And since I didn't want to just post pictures, I came up with some random text to intersperse among the photos. 

Here's where the text comes from: At the BlogHer Community Keynote, emcee Eden Kennedy introduced each speaker by giving that speaker's answers to four questions that were asked in advance.  The questions were:


1. What is something your readers don't know about you?
2. What is a recent accomplishment you're proud of?
3. When you were a kid, what did you look forward to?
4. Is there anything else interesting you want to share about yourself?  

I will answer these questions, and post my pictures throughout, starting ... NOW.

1. What is something your readers don't know about you?
I am afraid to drive on bridges.  I will drive over a bridge if necessary, but my anxiety is at Level 10 when I do.  Another thing I'm afraid of is pools deeper than 12 feet.  Obviously this phobia makes no sense, because I think I'm a fairly competent swimmer, but I won't go in a pool deeper than 12 feet. 

And now, a photo:

Totally ignore the fact that I look fat and/or pregnant in this photo.  Fat, yes.  Pregnant, NO.  Anyway, this is a photo of me at the Sparklecorn party with a cardboard cutout of Dr. Who, which is one of Bill's favorite shows.  This is actually Dr. Who in his last incarnation, because he's now played by a new (uglier) actor.  In all, there have been 11 doctors.  I know, it's weird. 
2. What is a recent accomplishment you're proud of?
I am proud of the way I've recently gotten back into my career.  I'm proud of the way I'm sticking my neck out to get more work.  And I hope, in the near future, to say I'm proud of having repainted a dresser, which will be my very first furniture rehabbing project.  
Next picture:

This is the cake they had at Sparklecorn.  It was by far the coolest cake I've ever seen live and in person.  I didn't eat any of it.  

 Here's a self-portrait of me decorated in glow tubes from Sparklecorn.

3. When you were a kid, what did you look forward to?
I looked forward to being able to drive, so I could go through the McDonald's drive-thru whenever I wanted, specifically to buy Coca-Cola.  Sadly, I still look forward to going to the McDonald's drive-thru, although in my older age I have switched to Diet Coke.  

Okay, so this next picture is really random (and blurry).  I took it just now as I was sorting through my BlogHer swag.  See, a lot of companies give you their press kit information on a flash drive (jump drive, thumbnail drive, whatever), so as to save paper and printing costs.  Sometimes the flash drives are on lanyards, sometimes they're keychains, and sometimes they're built into plastic cards.  But far and away the absolutely cutest flash drive came from the Yankee Candle people:

It's a flash drive that looks like a tiny jar candle!  I snuck in and took an extra one.

In exchange for the extra flash drive, I'll do a little pitch for Yankee and show you guys the adorable vintage-inspired candle collection they have coming out for the holidays:

 This picture was on the flash drive.

4. Is there anything else interesting you want to share about yourself?
I can say the alphabet backwards.  And I went to elementary school with the kid who played Urkel.  And speaking of brushes with greatness, I met a woman at the conference who I found out (after the fact) was a guest star on Seinfeld.  Last night I watched the episode she was on (Season 7's "The Friar's Club") and she played Kramer's girlfriend.   

My last picture is a picture I took of a greeting card the Hallmark people gave us.  I know I should have scanned it, but the computer with the scanner was occupied.

So true. 



1 comment:

Melisa Wells said...

GAH!!!! I never got one of those Yankee Candle flash drives. Oops.

I loved BlogHer. I wish I were still there. ;)