Monday, August 8, 2011

And We're Back


And the answer to the big question is ...
THE HOUSE WAS CLEAN!

I got home at 10 p.m. to find Bill and Nathan playing poker in the kitchen, a scented candle burning and some sort of cinnamon/vanilla air freshener combo simmering on the stove.  Plus Bill had cleaned out some of the cabinets and ... WTF?

I proceeded to dump my ample BlogHer swag all over every possible horizontal surface in the house, so there goes the cleanliness.  

My, how the tables have turned.  

Anyway, today I'm home and in that confused post-trip mindset where I can't really wrap my head around the issues of What do we eat? and What state is the laundry in? 

Oh, and I have freelance work, and I NEED to go to the gym, and this girl is so needy:


"Please love me!"

It seems that, although Leia had ample opportunity for human interaction while I was gone, she more or less retreated to the basement the whole time I was gone.  I kind of not-so-secretly love that she likes me the best.  I cannot say that there is a single other creature on this earth who likes me better than anybody else.  

Nathan is also a little clingy, and since I've been away I find the clinginess endearing and not annoying.  He's so cute and smart!  Awww.  

Oh, and also Bill announced that he has a new-found appreciation for all I do, and he realizes I need more support.  

So even though I'm only rating BlogHer itself a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say this trip overall was a huge success. 

2 comments:

Maria The Mum said...

Welcome home- clean house and a scented candle?! Nice....one time I went away for less than 24 hours, came home and not only was the house in disarray, Sean and Lucy had managed to eat a gallon of ice cream AND there was finger paint on every door in the house!

Mtcap said...

A quiet but quite audible awww.

Heart is where the love is. Or is it home is where the heart is. Or am I getting it mixed up with live, love and laugh?