Thursday, August 4, 2011

BlogHer 2011 Day 1 OMG!!!

Pooh and I arrived at the San Diego Marriott Marquis around 4:30.  Look at our view:


Pooh tried on my conference badge:


Unfortunately only one of us could use the badge to get into the conference expo, so I took the badge from Pooh and headed over. 

I was overwhelmed. 

I was nervous. 

But once I got through the doors and started getting some free swag, I relaxed a little.  The representatives at the booths were so sweet and friendly. 

One of the first booths I visited was the Skinny Cow booth.  As a perpetual Weight Watcher, I've eaten a lot of Skinny Cow ice cream.  But they just launched a candy line, and I got a free sample!  Aaaand ... Skinny Cow was giving out free fake eyelashes (with professional application).  Here's me with the cow and my fake lashes:


Over at the Chuck E. Cheese booth, they were demonstrating their new Ticket Blaster.  Apparently kids get to go in the Ticket Blaster when they have their birthday parties at Chuck E. Cheese.  Grabbing the tickets was surprisingly hard:



I got, like, 10 tickets, and 5 of them were stuck in my bra.

Next I got to meet three celebrities!

Scrubby, the Scrubbing Bubbles mascot:


Diane, the Pine-Sol Lady:


And Smurfette!


(CNN just showed Smurfette and friends ringing the opening bell on Wall St. this morning, so she's had a busy day.)

The people at the Lowe's booth gave out free wine!  I don't have any pictures of it, but I will promote Lowe's free monthly kids' craft program.  The crafts they make are totally cute.  Here's a schedule of the crafts at a Lowe's near you:

Click to enlarge.

And while I'm promoting products, look at this adorable "My Favorite Things" line from Yankee Candle, based on the song from The Sound of Music.  They have scents like "Raindrops on Roses" and "Blue Satin Sashes." 
Not included: "Schnitzel with Noodles"

At the booth for a company called New Media Strategies, they took these wacky photos of me:





On the way out I took pictures of two of the four U.S. landmark sculptures made of Twizzlers:



Back in my room, I took a self-portrait to document my fake eyelashes:


I had to take the eyelashes off after I took the photo.  But don't worry, Pooh is wearing them now:


And all that excitement was in the first four hours of BlogHer!  This thing is IN-SANE!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Someone needs to tell the gal behind you her boob is falling out LOL Have fun!

Ashley said...

Your eyelashes look amazing! And I'm very excited about that candle pack. Hope you have a fun day today!