Thursday, August 18, 2011

One-Liners

You know what's going on with me? 

Work, work, work, work, work. 

Oh, and work. 

It's pretty freaking awesome. 

As stupid as it sounds, I missed saying, "I have to work." 

What?! I said it sounded stupid. 

And work is just all the more awesome now that I have my very! own! desk!

I feel important and useful again.

Nathan has his own desk, too, a.k.a. the new coffee table, and we sit, side-by-side, doing our work.

It's not quite as cute as it sounds, though, because one of us is illiterate and interrupts the other one of us approximately every 3.4 seconds to ask for a direction to be read from his sticker book.

Still, I feel like a better mom because at least now I'm making him do some kind of constructive activity while I work, and not just popping him in front of the TV all the time.

Although I get a lot more done when he is watching TV.  No reading involved there.

Today I was juggling paid work, childcare, grocery procurement, exercise, laundry, cooking, and transporting my husband to/from the train station.  I feel pretty badass right now.

It doesn't take much.   

You know what I like about work?  I like how I no longer feel guilty that my house isn't perfect, or that I don't have all the laundry done, or that I'm not making elaborate meals from scratch, because, hey, I have to work.  And granted the house was never perfect, and the laundry was never done, and the meals were never elaborate or from scratch, but at least now I don't feel so guilty about these shortcomings. 

I'd write more, but I have to work. 

(IT NEVER GETS OLD!)


No comments: