Sunday, April 3, 2011

Super Ima Sunday Check-In

I feel really overwhelmed. Once again, I feel like I don't have the right to be. There are no life-and-death situations to grapple with, we are financially stable and well-fed (too well-fed), and most of my so-called problems involve being too busy with fun activities.

So, here is a run-down of my not-really-a-problem-but-still-stressful situations. My husband is out of town for Weekend Conference #1 of 2. He left Thursday and he'll be back today, but then he has another conference next weekend. Add this to the fact that Nathan was on Spring Break this past week from his preschool and his little high school program, so I have not had the time to myself that I've come to rely on for quick little errands and the like.

I had rehearsal Friday night from 7:30 to 9:00, and I had to take a pajama-clad Nathan along. I had to bring him to the Saturday morning rehearsal as well. (Although other than the concern of Friday night's rehearsal being past his bedtime, I don't mind bringing him along to rehearsals, because he is the perfect angel anti-Nathan and just sits there playing with the iPad amongst a series of slightly-older admirers. I honestly kind of have to keep reminding myself that he's there.)

Thankfully Bill is coming back during the week, because I have rehearsals every night this week. And then next weekend is the show, and as you'll recall Bill is going to be out of town again (note to possible rapists and thieves: I will be dog-sitting two angry pitbulls trained to attack intruders). Anyway so I have been trying to coordinate Nathan's care during my performances, which, as you'll recall, I find difficult.

Nathan, meanwhile, has had the time of his life this past week. Museums, a live show, two birthday parties, and a trip to Ikea ... the child is an exhausted wreck. Yesterday at Ikea with Katie, he had at least two ridiculous meltdowns, and I commented to Katie that I wished we were in the real Sweden where I could just turn him over to his government-appointed nanny or whatever they have there. (Ikea does have something close enough to a government-appointed nanny, a daycare where you can dump your children, for free, for a whole hour. I did coax a reluctant Nathan to go there so Katie and I could ogle over housewares for a blissful hour.)

Additionally, compounding my frustration, and I have nobody else to blame but myself for this, I only went to the gym twice this past week. With all the other activities we had going on, it just seemed like too much to also cram in a trip to the gym every morning. So now I'm all worked up and stressed ... oh and BTW I'm not going today, either.

Well, I have to wrap this up so I can go buy the gift for today's birthday party. But wait! I haven't done my summary of goals for last week and this week.

Last week I somewhat jokingly dashed off a couple of goals due to time constraints. Goal #1 was not to make a chart. DONE. Goal #2 was to finish reading a book, which, as I explained yesterday, I kind of failed at.

Anyway, I have made a list of goals for this week:
  • Go to the gym 5 times
  • Finish a book (for real this time!)
  • Get a mani/pedi (gonna get black nails for my Evil Queen role)
  • Buy tulips
  • Survive
If I don't post next week, you'll know I failed at that last one. But I think it's sort of a softball goal, because who can't survive a hectic week where your only problem is too many rehearsals for a community theater show?

Anyway, that's all. Go over and visit Leigh Ann now!

2 comments:

Katie said...

My IKEA tray looks super cute on my table! And I wish I had bought one or two more of those cloth boxes.

Also, thanks for being like the government-appointed nanny for my cat.

Also, you are awesome.

Leigh Ann said...

My favorite goal? Survive.

Seriously, I would be overwhelmed too. You have SO MUCH going on.

I have to admit I felt a stab of jealousy at your hour of housewares shopping at IKEA.

Do I still count as "hosting" if I can never get it together to post before you? I think we are co-hosts.

<3