Sunday, April 10, 2011

Super Ima Sunday Check-In: Many Photographs Edition

Phew, Snow White is over. Show #2 of 2 went fine, although it was an afternoon matinee, which meant is was not dark outside, which meant sun was shining through the windows and I could see the audience. I like it much better when they are invisible.

I already showed a picture of myself in regular Queen gear, but here's a picture of me wearing the old lady disguise:



And here's a picture of Nathan eating the poison apple prop after the show was over:


I was a little bit disappointed that I had to spend the afternoon indoors doing a play, because today's weather was unseasonably warm. Nathan and I got in a little park time before the show, and I took a picture of these three ducks that had come to the park to wander around puddles and eat stuff out of them.

It was a blurry cell phone photograph, and I kind of like the Impressionistic quality of it

Anyway.

You might recall that last week I said my main goal for the week was survival. I survived the week, I survived my husband going out of town again, and I survived Snow White.

My other goals were:
  • Go to the gym 5 times: Done, but barely. I got in two 3-mile fast-walks on the treadmill, two hour-long weight-lifting sessions, and one very pathetic attempt at swimming where I got sick after 1,000 yards. My current swimming situation makes me sad. It's like I have to eat a whole bunch of food so I don't get sick and light-headed during swimming, but eating a whole bunch of food kind of defeats the purpose of exercise, doesn't it?
  • Finish a book: This went great! I finished 3 whole books: If I Stay, Bossypants, and Where She Went. All were 5-stars on Goodreads. Yay for reading!
  • Get a mani/pedi: Done. See:
    I realize that next to one another, my nails and toes look a little bit Christmas-y. And also I know I have violated the rule that your nails and toes should match, although I like to think that rule kind of went out several years ago. The thing is that my nails have the no-chip polish, and the nail people were getting all kinds of angry trying to find the same color in the regular polish for my toes. So I just picked a totally different color, which is called Jade is the New Black, because one of the girls in the play was named Jade.
  • Buy tulips: Well, I bought roses. The grocery store didn't have any tulips. Maybe give it a few weeks.


As for this week's goals, I don't really feel like coming up with a bunch of stuff. My brain is tired from the show, and I'm finding it hard to transition from glamorous stage actress (hahaha) to schlubby mom. (BTW that transition? Really quick. While still in my queen gear, Nathan asked me to take him to the bathroom, and while there we encountered a situation that necessitated a clothing change for him.)

So anyway, I only have one goal for the week:

Be happy.

Now go wish Leigh Ann some happiness, because the poor thing is sleeping with all three of her kids in one room at her parents' house, and their real house won't be ready until May! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

No comments: