Sunday, January 30, 2011

SuperIma Sunday Check-In

I'm gonna have to make this quick. It's already 6:23 and I haven't put up my blog post today. But I wanted to do my SuperIma Sunday Check-In for Leigh Ann's blog.

For those who are just joining us (which is, you know, nobody), the SuperIma Sunday Check-In is when you are supposed to report back about two goals you set for yourself last week: (1) Something you're going to do for yourself, and (2) Something you're going to let slide. Then you are supposed to discuss your new goals for the upcoming week.

My goal for what I was going to do for myself was to finish reading a book. That. Was. Awesome. So many times I was like, "Oh, I should be doing the laundry ... But wait! I set this goal, in print, to read a book, and I must achieve it!" So then I just sat around and read, including three hours of reading while my kid played in a McDonald's playland. The book I finished was The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown, which was just the kind of book I was in the mood for. Not too heavy, but not too chick-lit-y, either.

My goal for letting something slide was to make three freezer-based meals. I ended up making two freezer-based dinners, and since one of them generated leftovers for lunch, I'm calling it a victory.

Onto my goals for the upcoming week! I loved the book goal, and so I'm keeping it for next week. That counts as the goal for the "do something for myself" category.

I'm going to go and bend the rules for my second goal. I know it's supposed to be something I'm gonna let slide, but I'm sort of out of categories for that. I've done cooking- and laundry-based goals, and those are pretty much the only things I can think of to let slide. (I mean, yes, there's cleaning, but I'm more-or-less letting that slide as it is, unless somebody comes over.) So, my second goal is exercise-based, which I think is more in the "do for myself" category, but it's wholesome enough that I think it can just count as my "letting something slide" goal.

So, the deal on exercise is that I feel like I haven't been doing enough cardio lately. In the dead of winter, it's important to do cardio to boost your crappy, weather-based mood. And, like, as it is right now, I lift weights on Wednesday and Friday, and I do yoga on Thursday, so that's a pretty long run where I'm not doing cardio. I feel crabby and lethargic and anxious when I go that long without doing cardio. I feel like a car that has sat in the garage too long without being driven; at some point I need to get out my crappy exhaust fumes. Or something.

Anyway, so my (fairly lofty) goal is to do cardio six times this week. Given that I didn't go to the gym today, that means I'm out of skips. That means I'm going to have to do the treadmill on the days I go to lift weights with the trainer, and go swimming while in my yoga haze.

And I'm just going to quickly add the caveat that I am off the hook if we get a storm so bad that I can't go to the gym. (I don't really have a lot of home-based exercise equipment.) A storm is predicted that might dump 18 inches of snow on us, which would be the biggest storm I've experienced since we moved, by far. And I'm going to admit that I'm a little bit excited about that.

And on that note, I'm out.

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

"For those who are just joining us (which is, you know, nobody)"

hahahahahahahahaha

I laugh because it's true. By me, too.

You are an all-star. I finished some chapters of a book, but it was the Feminine Mystique, so I don't know if that left me feeling depressed or at best commiserated with.

And, here, your cheering section - Car-di-OH! Car-di-OH!

Enjoy the snow. :)