Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Happiness Project

Remember last week when I did my first post for Leigh's The Happiness Project? It's a blog carnival where you post a picture of something that makes you happy. Well, I'm back this week with two more happy photos!

Photobucket

Photo #1 is actually a photo of me, which is usually not something that makes me happy. I'm usually all oh I look fat, what is wrong with my hair? But I wanted to post a photo from my show, because I wrote about my show in last week's Happiness Project post.

Photo by G-Money

And yes, I think I look fat. And yes, I'm wondering WTF is going on with my hair. But I like this picture because I look happy in it. And I look sort of relaxed and natural up on the stage.

This photo is from the third show. I can assure you that I did not look relaxed at all during the first show. I looked like a deer in the headlights. (And there were major lights shining in my face, so the "headlights" part is more or less literal. The "deer" part ... umm, I hope I'm not so fat that I weigh as much as a deer.)

And now onto completely unrelated Photo #2!

The story behind Photo #2 is as follows: Back in December, I wrote about my love for the corn cake side dish that garnishes every single entree at chain Mexican restaurant El Torito. Well, an alert reader found the corn cake mix at her grocery store and sent me two packages! (Okay, the alert reader was my mom. But she did read about the corn cakes on my blog.) Anyway, so I had to come up with some sort of Mexican entree to make alongside the corn cake mix. Behold:

Enchiladas + refried beans + Uncle Ben's Spanish rice + corn cakes

And yes, I did include one photo where I lamented my fatness and one photo where I showed you a big plate of food. I see the irony, Alanis.

8 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

I love the picture of you! It is natural and your dress is awesome!

Leigh Ann said...

I am obsessed with cornbread. Also that food is not fattening. Not that much, anyway. I mean, it could be worse.

(I just ate 3 coconut bonbons.)

Jessica said...

You look beautiful!!!

I'm not looking at anymore food picture!!! LOL

Susan Anderson said...

I LOVE that corn stuff, too.

And you look wonderful!

=)

Gina Kleinworth said...

You do look really happy - Cherish that moment! It is a special one.

Katie said...

Woo hoo! Photo credit!

Anonymous said...

Love that picture of you.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! If said reader found it, then that means it is available in my neighborhood. I'm beyond thrilled! ...and I truly love that Fiesta color!!

Adele