Sunday, February 27, 2011

SuperIma Sunday Check-In

Let's check in once again with our friend in Kansas-soon-to-be-Ohio, Leigh Ann!

Last Week's Goals:
  • Work out every day: Umm, I almost did it. I skipped working out on Wednesday because Nathan was sick and they frown on sick kids going to the gym daycare. I think I did my best, though, because I crammed in a combo cardio and weight-lifting workout on Thursday to make up for skipping Wednesday.
  • Take a 30-minute quiet time for myself every day: Well, I think I kind of averaged out to 30 minutes per day. Monday and Tuesday we didn't have much going on, so I spent a lot of time lying around reading. Later in the week things got a little bit busier, so I didn't make it a point to specifically take a break. Truthfully, I kind of forgot about this goal as the week went on. But it was good while I remembered it.
This Week's Goals:
  • Complete my workout plan, which is typed out in a Word document: I won't bore you with the details, but this is an overly-ambitious plan. In involves going to the gym twice a day for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. (This is all part of my plan to rack up enough classes to get a t-shirt.) I think I've mostly created a plan with good complimentary exercises, like I'm not doing two hard-core cardio classes in a row or something.
  • Each day, do two "feel good" things: Hahaha, I know, that sounds dirty, but "feel good" things are totally G-rated, I promise. Feel good things are activities from one of the following categories: (1) Acts of kindness and/or charity, (2) Fun activities outside the home, (3) Legitimate, professional-type things, such as applying for jobs or writing a post on Technorati, and (4) Activities that allow me to connect with friends or family. As I said on Friday, last week I had a lot of days where there was nothing to look forward to. And there is no reason to feel that way. So this week I'm going to be a little bit more proactive about planning productive activities for the boy and me to do.

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

Oooh, days where there is nothing to look forward to are the WORST! You have major props from me for not giving in to the "wouldn't it be better just to relax at home?" spiral. (As I've done today.)

Thank you for posting your check-in, even when I couldn't get it together to post mine. I feel like you've got my back, and I don't even really know you.

Next week, for sure. You rule.