Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Cookies!

Based on my stellar cookie-baking performance at Hanukkah, gym partner Amy asked me to bring cookies to her Super Bowl party. I think it's funny how people get so excited over these cookies, like it's an old family recipe or something. Like, yeah, so my grandma was working late one night at the Toll House Inn, when a big brick of chocolate accidentally fell into cookie batter and broke into little pieces, and a classic recipe was born.

I decided to go with the M&M and chocolate-chip cookies again. I bought two large bags of M&Ms, with the intent of baking one batch with Packers green M&Ms and one batch with Steelers brown and yellow M&Ms. (I know the Steelers are really black and yellow, but of course the standard bag of M&Ms doesn't contain black ones.)

I had my family separate the M&Ms.

Fun and educational sorting activity!

I saved the red ones for Valentine's Day. I used the blues and oranges to make an honorary Bears bowl:


The remaining M&Ms went into the cookies:


It turns out my cookies ended up predicting the outcome of the game, because the green ones were way more popular.

But all cookies are good dipped in a chocolate martini:

Blurry cell phone picture, to simulate your vision after downing one of these bad boys.

No comments: