Sunday, February 20, 2011

SuperIma Sunday Check-In

It's time once again to check in with our friend Leigh Ann for the SuperIma Sunday Check-In!

Last Week's Goals:
  • Stick with the Weight Watchers plan every single day: Umm, no. FAIL. On Valentine's Day, which was just one day after I set that goal, I cheated on Weight Watchers. And the thing is, it wasn't on wine or chocolate. It was on Goldfish crackers. See, I have this problem where if other people are eating something totally delicious and I abstain from eating it, my food lust is just transferred over to some other food. So, like, I was fine saying no to Fannie May chocolates, but then my willpower ran out and I ate some dumb Goldfish. Ditto to yesterday when I was good at the birthday party and when we went out to dinner, but then after Nathan went to bed I ate half a box of Chickadees (which are a Target generic product that is basically Goldfish shaped like chicks). However, I did go to the gym every day, so I achieved half this goal.
  • Finish a book: Also FAIL. I started Rescue by Anita Shreve, and I'm 35% done with it (on the Kindle it gives you a percentage completed), but it just hasn't grabbed me yet. It's a combination of the book seeming like the same story I've read a million times, and the characters being sort of not likable. I also checked out Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin from the library, though I have to finish the other book before I can start it.
This week's goals:
  • Work out every day: Again. As I said yesterday, I think my diligence in working out is responsible for my improved mental health. And I have the indoor triathlon next Saturday, so I gotta train. Or something.
  • Each day, take a "quiet time" for myself: This could either be reading, lying down quietly, or even sleeping. (Though I can only sleep Mondays and Fridays when Nathan has his afternoon class at the high school. And actually this Monday it's closed for President's Day, so I guess I might only get to take a nap on Friday. Still, one nap a week is good.) But I think things are better for me if I don't try to just go, go, go all day long. Especially because I never do just go, go, go. Eventually I find myself inadvertently crashing to do some mindless Internet surfing. Better to have an actual, planned break time that I schedule in the name of sanity.

No comments: