Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My big fat needy cat

file photo

Every cat I ever had growing up had a bit of a vindictive streak when it came to being left alone during a vacation. Upon their owners' return home, they would hide for several hours or days, as if to say, "You don't deserve to be graced with my presence."

Leia apparently didn't get the memo that cats are supposed to get even with their owners after being left during trips. When we get home from trips, Leia is ridiculously needy. She's up in your face begging for attention constantly. It's as though "love cat" needs to be another item on your to-do list after a trip.

Last night she decided to forgo her usual spot at the corner of our bed near Bill's feet, and instead sleep right in between Bill and me, next to my head. And right now as I type this I'm lying on my bed, and she's lying right on my pillow with me. Except what she doesn't get is, some ends of cats are more enjoyable to have in your face than others.

No comments: