Sunday, April 11, 2010

Graciela and Andrew's BIG Day

The main reason behind this trip out west was so I could be a bridesmaid in my childhood friend Graciela's wedding, which was yesterday.

Here's a picture of me with the bride and groom.


This is a pre-wedding cake photo of Graciela with her maid of honor, Dawn. Both of them went to high school and college with me.


Here's the bride getting ready to walk down the aisle.


Here's Bill and me in a "stick your arm out and shoot" photo.


And here's me at the reception, looking a little bit drunk already.

The reception was on the church grounds. I like weddings where the ceremony and reception are in the same place. The tent for the reception was pretty. As you can see, there were carpets on the ground, and there were also really pretty chandeliers. I really liked the centerpieces because they actually looked like normal vases of flowers, not that weird avant-garde shit you see at some weddings. And my bridesmaid's bouquet was a bunch of red tulips, which are among my three favorite flowers. (The other two are roses, which everybody loves, and carnations, which everybody thinks are cheap.)

The food was so good! Not the usual boring chicken breast and bland vegetables with rice. The chicken item was a pastry-wrapped breast of chicken with spinach. So good. There was a roast beef carving station, and although I don't personally like the meat of the cow, my husband said it was the best roast beef he had ever had. They had these awesome mashed potatoes and really good roasted vegetables. And the rolls had cheese in them. Like, entire whole hunks of cheese baked in, grilled cheese style.

Also I had 2 Midori sours and an apple martini ... and a massive headache this morning. I guess I'm getting too old to drink.

Anyway, congratulations, Graciela and Andrew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making the trip to be in my wedding. I'm glad that you liked the food. Andrew too was a huge fan of the bread with cheese, main reason we had them. I'm sure you weren't the only one with a headache Sunday morning. Glad you had fun. Gracie