Thursday, April 8, 2010

A big field of flowers, and the big ocean

Yesterday we went to the Flower Fields of Carlsbad, California, which is near San Diego. It's a giant field of flowers and some other garden-based attractions on the side. Now, the last time I went to the Flower Fields, I was on spring break from college. At that point the fields didn't have a lot of side attractions, so my family and I walked around the massive fields and took pictures. Flash-forward to the present, when the fields have all kinds of things to do, but I also have a 3-year-old.

So we spent most of our visit at the playground.



It used to be a Santa's Village or something like that, so the theme of the playground was little elf cottages.



When it came time to go, we had spent most of our time either watching Nathan on the playground or waiting in line to get lemonade. I was all, "Look, we're taking our picture in front of the damn flower fields before we leave!" Here are the pics:

My dad


My dad, stepmom, and uncooperative Nathan


A rare photo of me. I'm going to focus on how we look happy and loving, and not how I think I look fat and old.


These are Lego flowers, a nod to the nearby Legoland.

And the best thing about the Flower Fields was that they sold these delicious, delicious strawberries there. Whiny Nathan was upset that he couldn't have a strawberry right then, so the woman at the stand gave him a free sample. So much for "Whining will get you nowhere."



After the Flower Fields we went to the beach, but I only have one picture of it because my camera battery was dying. This is Nathan after eating a cherry snow cone.


Today we're heading north to Pasadena to visit my mom and stepdad for a few days.

1 comment:

ocean facts said...

It's good if you engage your son into marine science. There are some fun-filled program for kids ages 6-12 years old where they teach children the importance of the ocean and marine life. Through this program, they will become aware of the ocean, and they will also enjoy while learning.