Monday, April 5, 2010

A big trip

Today Nathan and I are flying out to California for a week. We're taking a "taxi car" (Nathan's terminology) to the airport, which Nathan loves and I find to be an added layer of stress because the taxi is just one more place I have to hook up the car seat.

I have flown with Nathan by myself a few times, but today will be the first time we do it with a layover. We're stopping in Phoenix for about an hour, assuming all goes as planned. (Please, please, let all things go as planned.)

Nathan enjoys airplanes, and thankfully he's at least at an age where it's possible to keep him entertained with any given toy for more than 5 minutes. So hopefully it won't be too rough a day. The one thing I really hate is that you can't let a kid cry himself to sleep the way you can at home, because all the other passengers will get annoyed. So sometimes we get through an entire flight with Nathan having taken no nap. Then he sleeps in the car on the way back from the airport, while I have to try and be all chipper with the people I'm visiting.

We have a jam-packed schedule while we're out west, including a wedding next Saturday where I am a bridesmaid. I think we'll be paying Mickey a visit as well.

Wish me luck!


No comments: