Sunday, June 26, 2011

SuperIma Sunday Check-In: We have Air Conditioning! Edition

Last week's check-in post was a bit of a bloggy trainwreck.  I was seriously so hot in my house with the air conditioning broken, that I couldn't even think straight.  The next few days saw the weather fluctuate from about 60 to 100 degrees -- seriously, what is with this summer? -- and at one of the hotter points Bill asked me to close the window so the house wouldn't get too humid, and I said, "I don't care!  I'll buy you a new house!  Just let me open the window!" 

Fun times, I tell you.  Fun times.  

But on Thursday we got the glorious call!  The AC guys were coming on Friday!  And they did!  And we got AC!  And life is good!

Anyway, due to my brain-melted-ness, I did not have any SuperIma goals last week. 

This week is shaping up to be a fun one.  It's the first of two weeks that Nathan will be off of camp, because I thought he needed a break.  The upside of skipping camp is that we'll have more time to do fun activities, and Nathan will have more energy because he isn't running around in the heat at camp all morning.  The downside is that I won't have any time to myself to run those quick errands that always take 15 times longer when you have a child with you. 

The other downside is that I will have to work harder to bring structure to our lives.  I really enjoyed the last two weeks of camp and swim lessons, wherein I had to get us fed, dressed, and out the door before 9 a.m.  I exercised most days right after camp drop-off, so I had that out of the way for the day, and then I was efficient at cramming in errands and chores while Nathan was gone.  In contrast, on days where I don't have anywhere to be, I tend to putter around and waste time, so that by the time I look up it's 11 a.m. and I haven't accomplished a damn thing. 

So ... my goal for the week is to get us out the door by 8:30 each morning.  (I picked 8:30 because that's what time the gym daycare opens, and also when a couple of classes at the gym start.)  I'm also going to add the goal of finishing two books, which is really actually a goal of finishing 1.25 books, because I'm three-quarters of the way through one already.  And I'm going to spend at least half an hour a day looking at pretty stuff on Pinterest, which is really just a goal that allows me to sit in my house and enjoy air conditioning. 

Now go visit SuperIma #1, the SuperIma who started it all ... Leigh Ann

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Whoa, you are a super-Ima and a Super Reader! Getting out of the house early has always been awesome for me. There are so many days when I think, 'oh, we'll just make it an easy day and hang around the house," and those always turn out to be THE hardest days. So good for you on that.

I'm drooling over so many books right now, but I have very narrow tastes. By now you know well enough to send recs my way. :)

Thanks for checking in lady. :)

Kimberly said...

Oh man, what is it with *those* days? The kind where you just get caught in a vortex of milling around for hours, letting your kid watch way too much tv, snacking out of boredom, and then somehow you feel SOOOO tired at the end of the day. What is with that? It's a weird phenomenon. I hate those days. On another note - way to go on hitting the 25 lb mark!!