Sunday, June 19, 2011

SuperIma Sunday Check-In: Hotter Than Hell Edition

The temperature in my house has reached a critical point.  It's just too damn hot to think, move, or be nice to my family.  Bill swears he has decided on which air-conditioner repair company to use, and he will be calling them tomorrow. 

In spite of the heat, I had a pretty good week.  The start of summer camp brought back some structure into our lives, and I felt more productive.  Yesterday we had a crazy day and mostly got our lives in order, chore-wise, and then we had a fun date night.  Today was the first day in a week that we didn't have to get out the door in the morning, and I relished the luxury of it.  I didn't have to go anywhere all day!  This excitement lasted until 2:00, when I just got so frustrated and needed to get out of the house.  Lesson learned: structure and outside-the-home activities are good.

I was semi-disciplined in my personal health habits.  I was a good Weight Watcher ... ehhhhh ... four out of the seven days.  The problem is that on the other three days, I ate like every meal was my last.  It makes no sense to restrict myself some days and then totally go off the deep end the rest of the time.  But ... I have no solution for this problem.  I realize there are people who have a much healthier relationship with food than I do, and they can just do that whole "eating in moderation" thing every day of their lives.  I'm not like that.  I'm still struggling.  Now I feel sad.

Anyway ... gym-wise, I also exercised four out of the seven days.  My main problem is swimming, which is like my very favorite sport in the whole wide world.  But every time I intend to go swimming, I just decide to skip the whole gym altogether.  It seems like such a hassle, and I can only go at certain times because of the pool's aquacize class schedule.  Plus swimming makes me so hungry, but I don't want to consume all the calories I've burned.  So ... I don't know where I'm going with this. 

In general, I was just a big fat slacker all week.  I didn't do anything to further my "career" and I didn't eat well or exercise enough.  I'd say my goal for this week is to get back on track, but I've failed so many times that I don't even have faith in myself.

I'm sorry ... this is all just the excessive heat talking.  My living room is hot, and my computer is hot, and my kid is driving me crazy and  ... AHHHHHH!  I have to go now. 

Instead go and visit SuperIma Leigh Ann, who is kickin' some butt on her novel!

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

1. Obviously the title is about you, weight loss planning snafus and all.
2. I have been there. Actually the weekend we moved to KS our AC died. So, we were moving, and I had a five-week-old, and we were IN KANSAS, and it was hot as you-know-whats. I couldn't bend my arm because the crook of my elbow would get sweaty. So I kinda know what you mean.
3. I've been eating every other meal like it's my last too. What's up with that?

You rule.