Thursday, June 9, 2011

First Niece of the Summer!

I'm very excited to welcome the first of four babies to be born into my family this summer!  My brother Tyler and sister-in-law Kasumi have given birth to:

Sydney Kate
June 8, 2011 at 4:14 a.m.
8 pounds
24 inches

I don't know if Sydney's parent's want pictures of her on the Internet, so I'm not going to post any.  But just let me say that both mother and baby look like postpartum models.  Like, they could be in a diaper ad and you would be like, "That's ridiculous, nobody looks that perfect right after giving birth, and why isn't that baby all squished up?" 

I was talking to my mom about how bad I looked in my pictures in the hospital after Nathan was born, and she said, "You looked normal." Ahh, those are the kind of lavish compliments you can always count on from a mom. 

And congratulations, Tyler and Kasumi! 

I will get to visit Sydney in late July when I go out to California, when hopefully my other niece and the other the baby-of-unknown-gender will both be born as well. 

No comments: