Thursday, June 9, 2011

Relax, You're on Key Lime Time

That's the catchphrase of the full-throttle-fun-all-the-time indoor waterpark "resort" known as Key Lime Cove.

Which is where we are right now.

Before we made the epic hour-and-fifteen-minute journey up here for our annual pilgrimage, we had to have the air conditioner repairman come.  And he told us that the AC was pretty much totaled, and we'd have to get a new unit.  Which costs, like, a lot.  And furthermore, it wasn't just some simple fix, it would take at least a week.  You know, because air conditioner repair services are busy right now. 

Given the general sauna-like atmosphere of our home, I was glad we had a vacation booked.  However, from a financial standpoint, you may not want to incur a costly home repair when you have a non-refundable vacation booked. 

Not that this is some kind of fancy, finances-be-damned kind of trip.  We're here for two days, and since we're here mid-week I was able to take advantage of a discount that I kinda-sorta got through my blogging connections, or maybe not so much but let me just pretend that I'm actually earning something from writing this blog. 

And through my special connections with the grocery store, meaning that they gave me a special customer preferred card, I purchased breakfast and lunch food to bring with us on the trip.  So we're vacationing like poor people now.  I mean, we're vacationing on a budget

We did agree to eat dinner at restaurants.  Last night we went to ... The Cracker Barrel!  It's always nice to get away and eat somewhere that you could have gone to fifteen minutes from your own home. 

We finally made it to the hotel about 10 p.m. last night.  We got Nathan settled down from his high by 11, and then we went to bed. 

This morning we had our BYO breakfast, and then Nathan and I hit the indoor waterpark.  We spent considerable time at the lazy river and the little kid slides, and then we took a break to go to the arcade.  Most of the games are games of luck designed to win tickets, or as I call them "slot machines for children."  I did make Nathan play skee ball, because, you might not know this about me, but I rock at skee ball.  As a kid skee ball was the only game I ever played at Chuck E. Cheese, and I spent hours practicing that game. 

Also, my dream home will have an indoor lazy river in it.  The funny thing is that my brother also came up with the concept of an indoor lazy river for his dream home, before I even discussed my plan with him.  NOTE: Neither of us will ever live in a home with a lazy river.  Unless one of us wins some kind of lottery, and while I was pretty lucky to hit the 329-ticket jackpot on one of the redemption games in the arcade, that's probably the extent of my luck. 

So, after the arcade Bill came down and we all went to the waterpark again.  Bill and Nathan ran around the water playground, and I got massively dizzy on the giant slide that looks like a huge toilet bowl. 

Now we're off to the outlet mall and probably Rainforest Cafe for dinner.  I'll try to take some pictures for my next post. 

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

That place sounds so fun! I wish I could go to a water park right now!