Sunday, November 20, 2011

Why I Haven't Blogged in Two Days

Because I'm a big fat lazy oaf. 

The fat assessment comes courtesy of Nathan, who told me the other day that I couldn't fit into his blanket fort because "you're too fat."  Now, before you go arguing that a tiny little kid's perspective is skewed, I should note that he called Bill thin. 

It was seriously one of the saddest moments of my life. 

I consoled myself by eating peanut butter straight out of the jar. 

The lazy label comes from not being able to stay up past 9:00 p.m.  It used to be that Nathan would fall asleep easily at 7:30 in his own bed, and I would just drop him off in his room, say goodnight, and have the whole evening to myself to read or watch TV.

Now, though, I've gotten in the habit of lying down with him until he falls asleep.  I let him pick whether he wants to fall asleep in my bed or his, and I'm secretly happy when he picks mine because the sheets are so soft and the mattress is so cushy. 

And I think, I will just lie here until Nathan falls asleep, and then I'm going to go do X, Y, and Z.  But then This bed is so warm!  And downstairs is so filled with laundry!  And then I figure I'll just go to sleep for the day. 

And that's why I haven't been blogging. 

1 comment:

eep said...

I have said it before, and I will say it again, kids are assholes. My boy tells me every morning, "I don't want to smell your bref (breath)." Also, apparently everything I could possibly cook is yucky. So, yeah. Asshole.

Sunday morning I got up when the boys woke up and let husband sleep in. Later I went into the bedroom and the bed looked so warm. So soft. So I lay myself down and woke up 2 hours later. I am cutting myslef some slack in all things until my youngest is 5. I invite you to do the same.