Thursday, November 3, 2011

Oh and also, soccer ended

The Purple Dogs had their last soccer game of the season, which meant it was trophy time!

It's hard to see, but the trophy has a tiny little swiveling soccer ball in it.  

Team photo:


Post-season celebration doughnuts:


All in all, our soccer experience was a positive one, which is not something I was sure I'd be saying when the season started.  Nathan went from complete oblivion to outright disgust to actual participation, finally settling into the large majority of kids who run after the ball but seldom make contact with it. 

Since all I wanted was for him to have fun, interact with other kids, and get tired, I'm satisfied with our soccer experience.  Nathan, however, is hell-bent on improving so he can score a goal next season.  He has been running in the park because he says he'll need to improve his running speed.  He promised the coach he would practice every day until next season, which, you know, hasn't exactly happened, but whatever, his diligence is cute.   

In an attempt to achieve Nathan's goal of soccer improvement and my goal of energy-burning, I signed him up for a little weekly soccer clinic in the park district gym down the street.  It starts Monday. 

I would also like to say that we really lucked out with the coach and the other parents.  I personally witnessed a lot of yelling on the part of other teams' coaches and parents who had lost perspective on the fact that this was a soccer league for four-year-olds that didn't even keep score.  I'm glad we didn't have any Yelly McYellersons on our team. 

So, soccer was good.  Soccer is over.  The end. 

No comments: