Sunday, September 4, 2011

SuperIma Sunday Check-In: Rude Awakening

This morning we were all woken up at 6:30 when the cat knocked over a pile of library books, got spooked, and tore across Bill's face.  She managed to barely miss his eye, but he still spent the day in a state of man-woundedness, which is to say, whining. 

The rest of the day proceeded more or less as the past week did.  I was exhausted but relatively content. 

Nonetheless, it truly felt like a week that I just wanted to get over with.  It was the last of a series of weeks where there was no structure and no outside care for Nathan (camps are over and preschool hasn't started), and honestly the summer just ended up feeling like it was one week too long.  There was hour after endless hour of What are we supposed to do now?  Seriously, I felt like even with the gym, and the park, and the playdates, and the whatever, I still ended up parking my kid in front of the TV an awful lot of hours.  (On the flip side, I did finally join the dark side and start doing phonics workbooks with him.) 

Still, some good things did happen this past week.  I finished my freelance project and sent in my form to get paid.  I worked out a total of 6 times, including 3 cardio/weight circuits with Trainer Jill, one elliptical workout, one outdoor bike ride, and one trip to the pool.  (Somehow I've managed to ignore my first exercise love all summer, and now the water feels like jello.)  So far I've worked out all four days in September, and I'm well on my way to achieving my workout counts as outlined in my post "September of Self-Improvement."  Plus I've been a faithful Weight Watcher almost every day this week, the exception being yesterday when I ate movie popcorn and had to count it toward my count of "no more than 4 Weight Watchers cheat days."

BTW I saw The Help, which was my other goal for the week.  I LOVED it.  Loved the book, loved the movie.  Super fun soundtrack, too.  

As for the upcoming week, I hope it's not a rude awakening as well.  It's our first week of the new arrangement: Nathan's preschool T/Th, babysitter M/W, and the first soccer practice/game.  I've been really excited about the return to order, and I've been slowly honing our schedule in the past few weeks to (hopefully) help ensure a smooth transition. 

I'm really looking forward to a full 12 hours of time where Nathan is cared for by others.  (And that's not even including his time at the gym daycare, which returns to its full evening/weekend schedule this week, too.)  It's just so much less stressful to run little errands by myself.  Of course, I really need to buckle down and get to work on my murder mystery play for the park district. 

So ... my goals for this week are: 
  • Get 10 pages of script done.  (Scripts have pretty wide margins, people.)
  • Finish my book for the library book club I have recently joined.  
  • Survive.

2 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

Survival is DEFINITELY a good goal. I bet you can conquer the other two as well. GO GO GO!

Mtake said...

Survival, even with wide margins, is a very good thing. Give yourself a pat on the back.