Thursday, September 1, 2011

September of Self-Improvement

For the past few weeks, I've been looking forward to September and getting back in the swing of things. As I've said before, I'm happy to get back into a structured life with a routine and bedtimes and whatnot. Even though I'm not personally heading back to school, there's something about the fall that still brings with it a renewed sense of discipline. So, I have been pretty jazzed about all the potential for self-improvement in September. But, not wanting to bite off more than I can chew and end up spitting the whole thing out, I didn't want to get too ambitious about self-improvement. I can't possibly get rid of every flaw I have, and even if I could, that would be exhausting. Still, I think I have come up with a pretty ambitious list of goals for my September of Self-Improvement. In the great tradition of making goals public so as to hold myself accountable, I will list those goals now: 1. Exercise in some form or another 20 times. At least 8 must be swimming. At least 3 must be outdoor bike rides. 2. Only have 4 Weight Watchers cheat days MAXIMUM. 3. Finish reading 2 books. 4. Get at least one more freelance assignment. 5. Have a date night. 6. Take a deep breath. 7. Buy these shoes. (This is actually a bribe. I have to apply for at least 35 jobs before I can get the shoes.) 8. Finish my murder mystery script. 9. Let it go. 10. Give myself a break. Whew! Who's exhausted! I am!

2 comments:

eep said...

I stopped wearing Docs years ago, mostly because I was starting to feel like Frankenstien's monster with my gigantic feet. I wore them through college and for many years after, until What Not To Wear told me that chunky shoes weren't in anymore. Stupid Stacey. But those make me seriously consider going out and bringing back the '90s. They are totally awesome. And I mean that seriously. I want them.

Mtake said...

Wow! Now, those are shoes?!?! But, what do I know? I am not quite in the orthopedic shoe stage, but give me something in basic black.... or blue, red or yellow will do.