Monday, May 2, 2011

Primal Scream

We still haven't left yet, and it's 7:30, and somehow we have to make it to Ohio before we can sleep.  I find this situation very stressful.  This would normally be the time that I would start winding down for the night, putting on pajamas, brushing my teeth, and then settling in for a few hours of TV, reading, or Internet.  Today was an especially exhausting day, too. 

It started off with a very disappointing trip to Weight Watchers.  You might recall that last week I lost a whopping 5.6 pounds.  Well, this week, despite what I thought was pretty good eating/exercising, I had gained 1.2 pounds.  Now, realistically, this means a net loss of 4.4 pounds for a two-week period, which means 2.2 pounds per week, which is still pretty satisfactory.  However, it is just so frustrating to gain. And once again I'm revisiting the idea that maybe I don't eat enough based on how much exercise I do, and there's the whole issue that you don't want to put your body into starvation mode so you slow down your metabolism.  But damn, I just still cannot possibly wrap my head around the idea of eating more to lose weight. 

In a bad mood already, I dragged myself to the gym to do the treadmill.  I felt so sore and exhausted, and a little bit sick, which I think was stress-induced.  Whatever.  Blah, blah, blah treadmill.

Next we had to go to the post office and the dry cleaner, and then cram some food into ourselves before Nathan had his high school class. 

Next I needed some serious nail and eyebrow maintenance for the big party on Wednesday, so I squeezed in a quick trip to the nail place before picking up Nathan.  (This week I got pink polish with the purple shatter polish topcoat.) 

I raced home to get Leia, because we had to take her to the vet to be boarded during our trip.  (The good news is that they're also getting her annual vaccinations/checkup out of the way while she's there, including the oh-so-dreaded stool sample.)

Leia let out what seemed to be a constant meow while we waited for Nathan, which got weirdly more gutteral and primal as time went on.  Then we dropped her off and had to go to Pep Boys to get the car serviced for the drive.  Two hours later, we were home packing and cleaning and getting ready to leave. 

And now it's SEVEN F-ING THIRTY and we still haven't left yet because my husband has fifty things he needs to get done, and OMG please shoot me now. 

The end.

No comments: