Monday, March 14, 2011

SuperIma "Sunday" Check-In

Somehow in the excitement of my big weekend in the city, I failed to realize yesterday was Sunday and I didn't do the SuperIma Sunday Check-In. So I'm doing it Monday instead.

First off, speaking of SuperIma Leigh Ann, let's all send her happy thoughts and good vibes because not only did she just pack up her entire house and drive across several states with three small children, but she had to say goodbye to her husband for a few weeks while he stays in a hotel close to his new job and they wait for their new house to be available. And also she has some job interviews this week, so go over and wish her luck!

Now, as you recall, I took a break from setting goals last week. I needed that break, especially since this past week ended up being a crazy up-and-down of mental and physical health worries.

But ... phew! ... all is well, and so this week I'm going to set goals, and I'm going to do them in the true spirit that Leigh Ann intended, which is to give yourself a break and put yourself first occasionally.

For the "let something slide" goal this week, I am vowing to only spend one hour a day cleaning my house. I know an hour a day of cleaning hardly seems like some kind of treat, but what I'm letting slide are Hours 2 and 3 of daily cleaning. I don't want to let the cleaning slide altogether, because my house is a wreck and living in it is bothering me. However, after an hour of cleaning, I'm calling it quits. I can clean the rest the next day. Otherwise I'll go crazy because, I'm not sure if this happens to you guys, but often while I'm cleaning, other members of my household generate new messes, so theoretically the cleaning could go on indefinitely.

Here's what I'm going to do for myself this week: I'm going to put my kid to bed every night at 7 p.m. and take the rest of the evening for myself. In the past few weeks his bedtime has creeped up later and later, largely due to my now-aborted plan to go to classes at the gym in the evenings. Two problems arise from him going to bed too late: (1) He is a giant crab the next day, and (2) I tend to fall asleep as I put him to bed, and then I get no time to myself. So, hopefully I'm not going to encounter trouble getting him to bed early because of the time change. I love the extended daylight hours, but sometimes the drawback is that Nathan resists going to bed, saying it's still light out.

Have a good week, everyone!

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

So, my blog traffic almost doubled because you linked over, so you are pretty fabulous. THANK YOU! Seriously though, thanks for the thoughts, prayers, whatever, I could use every last ounce.

It is definitely tough with the whole putting-the-kids to bed thing. I don't ever really fall asleep with my kids, but what does happen is I'll fall asleep on the couch at 8:30 and be REALLY angry that I lost that time.
Also I would have thought 3 hours of cleaning house sounded crazy too, before I became a stay-at-home mother. Now? 3 hours may or may not be enough on any given day. It's INSANE.
(((hugs))) You are awesome.