Sunday, March 13, 2011

Let the Sunshine In

So, umm, Hair was super weird. I expected a lot of hippy weirdness, but not something totally incoherent. I'm used to musicals where something happens, then they sing a song about it, then something else happens, and they sing a song about that, and so on. Hair was more like a bunch of trippy songs, very few of which made sense, and a very loose plotline that just ended up being sad at the end. Kind of like the actual 1960s.

Also I just feel like hippies need to take a shower.

After the show, I spent the night at Katie's house, and this morning we went to the Flower & Garden Show. Now, the thing is, this was actually my second visit to the show this week, because I just love it so much! My first visit included my kid, so we mostly hung out in the playground garden.




He enjoyed the other gardens as well, because they have stuff like bridges and waterfalls, plus turtles and fish and even chickens. Unfortunately, he kind of wanted to explore the gardens at a slightly faster pace than I did.

He did take a couple of good pictures:

Outside the gazebo


Inside the gazebo -- Best gazebo ever!

And the theme was "The Sport of Gardening," so here is Nathan in the Blackhawks hockey garden. I guess those red things are pucks ... ?


The thing is, Nathan was maybe not on his best behavior at the show, which you can see in this photo.



I asked him to strike a sweet pose, like the one in this photo from two years ago at the show:


So, due to Nathan's desire to run through the gardens without stopping or listening to directions, we left the show early. Therefore, I was excited to go back with Katie, kid-free, and see the show properly.

As a bonus, today the show featured a cake-decorating contest run by the Chicago Area Retail Bakers Association. I only had my phone to take pictures, so there are only a few that weren't blurry.










And for those with the Winter Madness, here are some gratuitous flower shots:




http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42197





No comments: