Saturday, March 12, 2011

No News

Well, the doctor didn't call, leaving me to wait out the weekend worrying about the test results. However, I feel physically fine (panic symptoms notwithstanding), and actually a lot better and more energetic since I started taking the antibiotics and allergy medications Thursday. Now, I'm not sure which meds are working for me, or even if it's not the placebo effect and I could have gotten the same results from swallowing a Good 'n Plenty. But I think when your symptoms mostly disappear as a result of common prescription medication (or candy), that's a sign that points to "not cancer."

---WE INTERRUPT THIS BLOG POST TO BRING YOU AN URGENT NEWS BULLETIN---

Right after I typed the above paragraph, the doctor's office called. On a SATURDAY! And everything is normal with me! I do not have cancer!

And I love that doctor! And I am so proud of myself for going to a doctor and getting all my regular stuff checked out (cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.) I'm even doing the right thing with the Vitamin D, which was something I was so confused about.

Enough about me and my petty medical (non-)issues.

Let's talk about me and my recent entertainment consumption.

Well, I haven't started reading Matched yet. No news there. Also I got the movie It's Kind of a Funny Story from Netflix, which I also haven't watched yet. You know, this is kind of a lame update. But anyway, I did read the book version of Funny Story, which is about a teenage boy who ends up in a mental hospital for depression. It's kind of a fitting film for me to watch in honor of my upcoming anniversary of 3 years since I was (sort of) in a mental hospital (it was outpatient, though).

Ooh, this post just turned all weird and dark.

But the big news in my entertainment is that I am going to visit Katie tonight and we're going to see the musical Hair! And they better get naked in it! And before that we're going to the Weber Grill restaurant, which, yes, is a restaurant based on the round, red backyard barbecue. You know what they have there? A pre-dinner bread basket with pretzel bread and cheddar cheese spread! (I heard you, person who said, "But I thought she was on Weight Watchers." Shut up.)

And they have sangria. Because when you spent a week in a panic that you have cancer and you're seeing a show about naked hippies, you need to have a drink.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

"They ask me whyyyyy, I'm such a hairy guyyyyyyy!!!!" Love it.