Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Ladies' Computer

Hello, my loves! Your comments make me so happy! Leave more, leave more!

So, it's Saturday, and that's not a popular blog-reading day. So I don't think that I will come up with something important and profound to say today. Instead, more out-of-the-ass talking!

Yesterday was estate sale day! (Man, I'm using a lot of exclamation points today! Top of the Muffin to Ya!) And we went to three estate sales.

The first one was the best one. It was filled with all kinds of musty-smelling, neat-o antiques. Nathan really wanted an electric train set, but he doesn't totally understand what "$650" means.We did get out of there with a few treasures, though we passed on something called a "nasal douche." Nathan got a basket of Pooh-based stuffed animals, and I got some pretty pink cloth napkins for going green and whatnot. Plus I got some gifts for a couple of people I know who collect interesting items. It was just a really fun, treasure-hunting sort of experience.

Estate Sale #2 was lame. I seriously can't imagine how a person could amass an entire collection of belongings, all of which are ugly. Like, "Oh look, a bunch of jewelry! Yay!" And then it's all ugly.

Estate Sale #3 was small and uneventful. They had an adorable garden cat sculpture, and I was thinking the house's owner was a cat lover, but there was no other cat stuff. The funny thing was, the first house had a hint of cat things outside, but not a single cat thing for sale. Maybe the cat people scoop up all the stuff early, since their nagging hungry cats wake them up so early in the morning. Like this:



The only thing that was funny at the third estate sale was that they had a sewing machine there, and the box for the sewing machine said "The Ladies' Computer." So, I am typing this blog post from my "ladies' computer," which is awesome because right afterward I'm going to use it to sew myself a laptop cozy using fabric I bought at an old lady's estate sale.

Hope you all have a nice weekend!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Damn! And I've been looking for a used "nasal douche"...what the what?