Saturday, December 3, 2011

REJECTED, Part 2

So, that whole professional opportunity I've been alluding to?  Didn't pan out. 

The weird thing is, I've had two job interviews where I thought it was an absolute lock.  One was my very first interview when I was 16.  The other one was my most recent interview.  And I didn't get either job.  I guess I'm not a very good judge of these things. 

I admit to having felt absolutely crushed when I got the rejection letter yesterday.  Like There is no hope for me to ever get another job again ever crushed. 


I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel.  And I thought, I can't write a blog post about this, because every blog post concludes with a light at the end of tunnel. 

But that was yesterday.  And then I started to see some lights, both literally and figuratively.  See, last night was my town's annual holiday light-up, and my friend had a light-up pre-party.  I realized how many wonderful people I'm surrounded by, and how much I love living in this town.  The whole thing was fun and festive and wonderful and cozy.

And it was time to leave Self-Pityville. 

Today, there are lights everywhere.  (BTW do you like my new blog design?) 

There will be more opportunities. 

Until then, I am going to immerse myself in holiday festivities.  Which is why, following this post, I will begin a series called 14 Days of Festivity.  Why 14?  Well, because the festivity started December 2 with the town tree-lighting, and I can only commit to festive activities until December 16, at which point I need to start preparing for our holiday travels.  Also, the word fourteen starts with F, so it's alliterative with the word festivity.  I'm all about alliteration. 

And, since this song has been stuck in my head the entire time I've been writing this, I conclude with lyrics from one of my favorite musicals, Starlight Express:

But there's a light at the end of the tunnel
There's a light at the end of the tunnel 
The inside might be as black as the night  
But at the end of the tunnel there's a light.

No comments: