Tuesday, December 20, 2011

14 Days of Festivity: Day 13

 Library Holiday Lego Club


Clearly I'm way behind on this series, so I'm going to skip my usual sparkling commentary and just briefly say that:
  • Nathan really likes Legos.
  • The library was having a free Holiday Lego Club event. 
  • It was indoors and involved Legos that were slightly different from the ones we had at home.
  • Sold. 
The Lego event had a Santa:


Nathan chose a giant rubber spider from Santa's Sack of Leftover Summer Reading Club Trinkets, which was different from and yet surprisingly like approximately 100 small junk items that I had just regifted to the Salvation Army and/or a landfill.  


Here's Nathan building some sort of structure:


Here's my creation, which is the only type of creation I ever build out of Legos, which is a house:


I just love the pink Legos.  I don't remember those from when I was a kid.

More of Nathan's creation:



After completing the house, I painstakingly assembled a Lego Santa.  I was so proud of my Lego Santa that I intended to take a picture of it, but a kid who was a little overzealous about the clean-up (not, obviously, my own kid) took my Lego Santa and broke it apart before I could photograph it.   So, here's a picture of the Lego Santa I attempted to pattern my Lego Santa out of:


I guess it's all good, though, because my Lego Santa had a disproportionately large head. 

No comments: