Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Best Posts of 2011, According to Me

The Serious
  • January 10: Mom Blog: A post attempting to sum up my thoughts on motherhood. 
  • January 20: Let's Go on With the Show: The very moment I realized how much I loved performing in community theater, because it gave me an identity outside of motherhood.  Chosen for this list because I cried cathartic tears the entire time I typed the post. 
  • March 15: Crazy Camp, 3 Years Later: This is by far the most-read, most-commented about post I've ever written.  It's a look back on the three years since my time in an outpatient mental health program for depression. 
  • June 29: The One Thing I'm Not Worried About: I'm including this one on my list because I think it sums up my views on education. 
  • August 6: On Being a Writer vs. a Blogger vs. a Schlub: My inaugural trip to the BlogHer conference inspired me to write this post that violates the number 1 rule of blogging: Do not blog about blogging.  
  • September 11: September 11, 2011: Well, my mom called this Sept. 11 post my best ever.  
  • September 25: Crazy Camp, The Reunion: This was seriously one of the most poignant moments of the year for me, when I ran into a woman from my depression program and realized that we were both doing okay. 
The Funny

1 comment:

Ana said...

Thanks for the directing back to your 'funny camp' article. It really hit home. Not that it's nice you went through that, just it's nice to have company. Know what I mean?