Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Thirty-Two


It's my birthday! I'm 32!

I really like the number 32. I tend to prefer even numbers, because they suggest fairness and equality. Also, having worked in the math textbook industry, I can appreciate that 32 has a lot of factors.

I don't really want to do a big old "year in review" reflection for my birthday, because I just did that for New Year's. But I will say that the last year of my life has been a good one, and I certainly hope my luck won't run out in my 33rd year of life.

It is going to be a very low-key birthday, and I'm so excited! It's Tuesday, which means Nathan goes to the babysitter, which means I will be alone! I'm going to spend the first two hours cleaning, which is kind of a drag on your birthday, but that means for the rest of my birthday I will get to enjoy a clean house. Then I'm going to yoga, and then I'm going home to take a big fat nap. Bill is going to be working late for, like, the fifth night in a row, so we are doing the whole birthday dinner celebration on Friday, when we will go to Glenwood Oaks Rib and Chop House and I will get 32% off on my dinner. So tonight Nathan and I will just do our typical low-key "grab what you can" for dinner, which is a gift in and of itself. Then I think I'll get some red velvet cupcakes for the two of us and light a little candle, because I believe children should be taught to acknowledge their parents' birthdays. And that's not lame that I'm buying my own cake, right? Right?!

Best birthday gift of all: Nathan waking up and saying, "I love you!"

No comments: