Monday, January 25, 2010

Science and Industry

I think I'm doing a little bit better than I was when I last posted. Wednesday was a rough day for me, and I told myself I was just going to have to try harder to keep the winter blues away. So Thursday morning I was contemplating how I could shake things up from our usual routine, when my adorable little monkey said, "Let's go to a museum."

I had been thinking about going to the Museum of Science and Industry for awhile, since it's free for the entire month of January. So we went. I was exhausted the whole time, but I kept it together and we stayed for five whole hours! Here's a picture:

Is he not the cutest? And anyway, I spent the whole time being one of those goody-goody moms who explains every scientific principle behind every single activity (well, the scientific principles I knew about), even though all Nathan wanted to do was roll trucks down ramps and stick balls in vacuum tubes.

And then that evening I went out for drinks with my friend, which I really needed to do.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is definitely the cutest boy ever!! ...and he looks to be the happiest! Isn't that the museum that was the World's Fair building? I was just looking that up, and now you've seen it!! Very cool. :)

...and BTW, did you know I'm a total fan of your blog? I always look forward to reading your latest.

--Adele