Monday, July 13, 2009

I am now writing a second post so I can have two when I unveil my new blog to the general public.

I'm going to write about food.

It would be fun to have a food blog. However, there are a couple of reasons why I am not going to attempt to have one:

1) I am not a very good cook.
2) It is really annoying to have to take/upload all those pictures of each individual step when you're cooking.

I like to brag about my cooking successes. Then my kind Facebook or e-mail friends tell me I'm such a great chef, I should have a restaurant/bakery, they wish they could eat at my house every night, etc. Well, here's the thing: many nights my cooking is pretty lame. It's just that I don't write about those nights. It's sort of like how people think I'm extremely neat, but that's only because I clean before guests come over.

I am actually not a good cook because I'm not good at inherently knowing what will taste good together and inventing new recipes. I follow other people's recipes. That's all.

Well, I guess tonight's dinner is an exception to that. Tonight's dinner is something I would not normally write about. It is that "Oh Lord, I should have gone to the grocery store 3 days ago" kind of recipe. It's a frittata, which is a fancy way of saying that I threw together some random stuff I had in the fridge/freezer, topped it with some eggs, and threw it in the over. Oh, and I added Emerill's Essence seasoning. Anytime a recipe calls for some seasoning you can't find, add Emerill's Essence. It sounds dirty, but it tastes good.

The side dish for tonight's dinner is toast.

I'm also making pizza dough. I love to make pizza dough. Except for the part where I get flour on the counter. Anyway, I'm going to put together a couple of uncooked pizzas and give them to my friend. Pizzas are my new go-to recipe for anybody who just had a baby or had a relative get sick or pass away. I like barbecue chicken pizza best. The guy at my gym who teaches the pizza class recommended Sweet Baby Ray's for the barbecue chicken pizza. Wait, is that only available regionally? Well, if you can't get it, you need honey barbecue sauce for pizza, not hickory.

Now for the sad part. I'm going back on Weight Watchers. It's the greatest diet and also the world's biggest pain in the ass. I hate measuring everything, and calculating all the points, and just generally obsessing about food. I hate coming up with recipes that are low in points but also popular with my picky family members.

But I can't fit my wedding ring on and I'm exhausted all the time, so it's time to go back and visit my old friends at Weight Watchers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain about Weight Watchers but I too am on it and found that it is working for me. I never realized before what a big cook you are, that's great. Gracie