Friday, October 8, 2010

The Cool People

You guys are so awesome! Thank you all for your help in spreading the word about my blog! In an attempt to pay it back, or pay it forward, or pay it sideways, or whatever, I present to you some of my friends' blogs:

  • Ashley is my former college roommate, former co-worker, and current friend. She's a full-time working mom in Northern California who has a cool Martha Stewart vibe.
  • Claire was a colleague who I worked with back when I had a paying job. She is a fellow writer who has an interesting project happening on her blog: Ever Sunday, she picks a random word from the dictionary and uses this word as the starting point of a blog entry.
  • Farrah is my friend from when we wrote for Chicago Moms Blog. She is a mom, nurse, maker/seller of baby slings, and runner. And so many other things. She's fun.
  • Katie, a.k.a. G-Money, is my friend and former cubicle neighbor. She is running in the marathon this weekend, so visit her blog and wish her good luck!
  • Matt is my friend's boyfriend. He's living my dream of making a go at professional writing. Also they have two adorable tortoiseshell cats, who do not make many appearances on the blog, but should, in my opinion.
  • Nina, who actually has a different name in real life, is a friend who I met through the comments on another blog and realized we live just blocks apart. She writes about digital scrapbooking and general life.
I limited this admittedly short list to people I know in real life. Obviously I read many other blogs written by people I don't know personally, and if you are a writer of one of those, please leave a comment with your link so we can read your blog, too! As I said yesterday, I'm all about bringing the world closer together.

And let me just close by noting that the above list was written in alphabetical order by first name, not in the order in which I like those people, or the order in which I rank their blogs.

1 comment:

Farrah said...

Thanks for the mention. :) I'm honored to be on your list. Hope I get to see you soon, maybe on the 6th if not before.