Wednesday, August 19, 2009

This post brought to you by: Lame

I am feeling so very lame these days. Lame in that I think I could sleep all day. This morning the boy and I slept in until 10:00. Then we went to the gym, where I swam 2,300 yards. Which I do think was good for not having been to the gym in three weeks.

But then after that, I was seriously too lazy to drive to the mailbox to mail a letter, and I decided to just mail it from my home mailbox. That's right, too lazy to drive to a mailbox.

At home I made lunch for the boy and me, then put him down for a nap. I told myself I was going to get some chores done during his nap, but, oh, maybe I'll just lie down for a little while first. It was 2:00. That's right, a mere 4 hours since I had woken up. And really all I had done in the meantime was go to the gym and eat. And I slept for almost two hours!

And then after that? I was exhausted. I took the boy to the library to claim the lamest prize ever that he had won in the summer reading club raffle (2 children's tickets to the zoo, for which we have a membership anyway and could get free passes from the library if we wanted). The library was undergoing renovation, and the children's section was closed. So we went over to my friend's house so the boys could play and we could generally ignore them. And that's when the sky opened up and there was a torrential downpour, along with a thunder clap that actually made me jump. The it took us forever to get home because the viaduct was flooded, and I honestly thought I would fall asleep on the road, driving home from a house that is in the same town as I live in.

I made salmon burgers for dinner. They were so good. Then I telepathically asked Bill to give the boy a bath, and somehow he actually got the message. I was supposed to read the bedtime story, but I was too tired. Sensing a theme?

So, I don't know if I can blame my exhaustion on jet lag, almost a week after we got home. I mean, come on, it's not like we were in Europe or something. I think part of my fatigue is just getting back into shape to do my daily chores. I had two weeks off from most household frustrations, so I have to get back in the swing of things.

Oh, and I guess I could give myself credit for swimming 1 1/3 miles today. But I have it in my mind that a good person could work out and not be totally exhausted afterward. But, then, my overly-high expectations for myself are a topic for another blog post. Or therapy.

No comments: