Thursday, April 14, 2011

Unrelated Pictures of Happiness

Yesterday Nathan played outside in his sandbox, by himself, for like an hour. And it was so warm that he took his shoes off!


Today while Nathan was at preschool, I went on a fruit run. You know when you haven't been to the store in awhile, and you still have plenty of food for meals, but nothing seems all that fresh? Well, that's where I was. So I bought $47 worth of fruit. I think it might be cheaper to just eat pork rinds and ramen. Except, you know, the money I saved on food would have to go toward my future quadruple bypass. Also I don't really know what pork rinds are, and I don't want to find out.

In an attempt to encourage my own personal fruit consumption, I washed and cut up all the fruit:

That isn't actually all $47 worth

I also bought tulips. Finally! The tulips came in a pack of 10, but only 5 of them fit in my tulipiere vase. I got the vase about a month ago, and I'm not sure if I like it. It is a good way to make a large centerpiece with only a few flowers. I'm withholding judgment until the tulips open up.


I kind of prefer this arrangement that I made with the remaining 5 tulips, just in a regular drinking glass:

Also I know you're excited to see my dish-squirter thing

And in the spirit of all things spring and floral, I ordered myself some new floral business cards. I have never had business cards for my blog before, but I figured since I'm going to this mom blogger event tonight, I might like to do a little networking. (BTW I hate the word networking more than I hate the word playdate.) It's not the greatest picture, but:

I blurred out my phone number because I don't want weirdos from the Internet calling me. Not that I'm calling you a weirdo from the Internet. I'm talking about other people.

No comments: