Saturday, November 21, 2009

UGH!

Yesterday evening I picked up my parents from the airport. Our tradition is to call in an order for Giordano's pizza before I pick them up, and then pick up the pizza at the Giordano's near the airport. Giordano's is a Chicago-style pizza place. The pizza is deep-dish with gobs and gobs of cheese.

Based on my recent Weight Watchers failure, and on the fact that this weekend will likely involve a lot of difficult eating situations, I opted to instead have a Lean Cuisine frozen pizza while everybody else noshed on this delicious deep dish. It was a truly difficult situation for me, especially after having to smell that pizza during the 45-minute drive home from the airport.

That dinner really brought me down. It was seriously like, is this how it has to be for me to lose weight? And the thing is, I know that what I was doing tonight was opting to use my food points elsewhere. In other words, picking my poison. So, it's not like I have to eat like that all the time, it's just that I can't eat everything I want to eat, either.

At least I had enough points for a light beer with dinner.

1 comment:

Adele said...

Well, I am TRULY impressed by your choice. Nice work! I've been struggling lately, like you wouldn't believe, and have put back on several of the WW lbs. I previously lost. In fact, I haven't even been going. So, for what it's worth, your evening last night inspired me to try harder. :)