Saturday, June 23, 2012

Eight Exciting Things: Number 4

Some of My Parents Visit

Now, the thing you need to know about me, if you don't already, is that I have multiple sets of parents.  I have my mom and stepdad in one grouping, and my dad and stepmom in another.  I like them all, and I'm not just saying that because I'm on the Internet.  I really, legitimately like them (and love them too, of course). 

The most recent set of my parents to visit was my dad and stepmom, earlier this month. 

We picked them up at the airport just hours after we bought the Fabulous New Car, so the vehicle was a surprise to them. 

The next day, we went to just about the best restaurant ever, the Tree House Cafe in Michigan City, Indiana.  No, I don't work for them, but I do want to tell you why the Tree House Cafe is awesome:

They have a giant sand pit for kids to play in while the adults eat. 

Here's a picture of my stepmom with Nathan in the sand pit:


Shot from this angle, you can see the wooden "pirate ship" kids can climb on.  (I use quotes because it's a rather abstract representation.) 


The sand pit is huge.  They have beanbags, a volleyball court, every ball imaginable, soccer goals, and sand toys. 

Meanwhile, here's my dad back at the table:


Here's Bill:


The food was very good.  Very casual, plastic cups and whatnot, and not too heavy.  You know, the kind of stuff you'd want to eat on the beach. 

The next day of my parents' visit, back in Illinois, we mostly just chilled and attended a small art fair in our hometown.  The highlight of the day was when we went to Nathan's t-ball practice and my dad took this awesome photo:


The next day of their visit was Saturday, and we headed up to Naperville for the triathlon.  But that's a story for a different post ...

1 comment:

Jessie said...

So happy you loved Tree House! We should meet there sometime!